MC–Series: Gas Mass Flow Controllers
7641 N. Business Park Drive
85743 Tucson, AZ
Tel 520 290-6060
Standard specs (most products)
Steady state control range: 0.01% – 100% of full scale
Standard accuracy: ±0.6% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale, whichever is greater
High-accuracy: ±0.5% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale, whichever is greater
Repeatability: ±(0.1% of reading + 0.02% of full scale)
Typical control response time: as fast as 30 ms
Warm-up time: <1 s
Operating temperature: –10°C to +60°C
Full scale operating pressure: 160 PSIA (11 barA)
Build & communication options
- Communication protocols: Analog, RS–232, RS–485, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Modbus RTU or TCP/IP, PROFIBUS, PROFINET
- Display: Backlit monochrome or color; integrated or panel–mount
- Process connections: NPT, SAE, AN, BSPP/G, compression, VCR, or VCO fittings
- Elastomers: Viton, FFKM, EPDM, Silicone
- Aggressive gas compatibility: Models with wetted materials compatible with many pure corrosive gases and most refrigerant gases, in addition to all non-corrosive gases and a variety of liquids also available.
Valve options & PID tuning
Your mass flow controller may be customized with one of the following valving options to ensure optimal performance under your expected process conditions. Additionally, custom PID valve tuning ensures maximum performance for your specific process conditions.
- MC: small proportional control valve for flow ranges of 20 SLPM and below
- MC with PCA designation: high-performance proportional control valve used for some applications with higher pressures
- MCS: Wetted materials compatible with 32 pure corrosive gases and most refrigerant gases.
- MCP: small proportional control valve with the largest orifice (not available for corrosive configurations)
- MCH: hammerhead configuration, which pairs two small valves working side-by-side as one valve
- MCR: nearly frictionless large Rolamite proportional valve for flow rates of 50 SLPM and above
- MCT: easily switch flow control between two different flow paths
Included with each device
- Multi-variable process measurements: Simultaneously measure mass flow, volumetric flow, gas pressure, and gas temperature.
- User changeable units of measurement: Change the unit of measurement for pressure, flow, or temperature from our extensive list of engineering units.
- Gas Select: Select your process gas from any of the 98+ preloaded NIST-traceable gas calibrations in our gas list.
- Composer™: Define 20 custom gas mixtures of up to 5 constituent gases using our Composer™ firmware.
- Monochrome backlit LCD with integrated touchpad: Easily read measurements using the backlit display and control configurations with the user-friendly integrated touchpad.
- User-adjustable setpoint ramping & limits: Configurable ramp rates allow the process variable to be controlled as fast or as slow as desired, and configurable setpoint limits protect processes from inadvertent setpoint changes.
- User-adjustable standard temperature and pressure (STP) conditions: Quickly change reference conditions without need for recalibration.
- Valve close override and valve open override: Utilize alarms to quickly vent your system or stop all flow as needed.